Choices (London) C.I.C Ltd was incorporated in August 2010 under the directorship of Sheri Lawal who gained considerable community work experience supporting the aspirations of challenged and vulnerable groups through a long career with various housing associations.
Her journey alerted her to some of the problems which people in local neighbourhoods faced, such as poverty, education, financial barriers and crime.
Sheri currently sits on the:
- Islington Stop & Search Community Monitoring Group as Chair
- Islington Safer Neighbourhood Board as Chair
- The Islington Children & Young Peoples Voluntary Sector Forum (CYPVSF)
- Citizens Advice Islington Advisory Board
- Independent Office for Police Conduct Community Reference Group
- Employment Practitioners Network
- Archway Employment Cluster
- Elthorne Pride
- Islington Faith Forum
- Journey to Justice Committee